Where To Get Fine Fill Or Similar Wall Filler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Few years ago I asked a decorator what he used for minor imperfections on surface of walls and he said Fine Fill. It seemed to go on well, and unlike Polyfilla, etc, seemed easy to sand. Where can I get this product from, or something similar? I'm only doing one small room, so I would prefer something in a smallish size, rather than a big bag of it.

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
That will do, many thanks. Not exactly what the decorator was using. It was in powder form and had to be mixed with water. Should do the job though, and importantly, I don't have to buy a big 10 Kg sack of the stuff.

Regan,
If powder form where you add water, I wonder if he was using this:
All Purpose Powder Filler 1.5kg
https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p21148

I use this for bigger holes and then easy to sand down (annoyingly with lots of very fine dust). This is more like Plaster of Paris.
But have found with small holes, it is so soft (when dry) that when sanding I can sand it back out of the hole.

So I would use the Pollyfiller for small fine cracks and holes and try to apply flat so nothing to sand down.
The Power filler for bigger holes (>1cm3).
SFK

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I stopped buying "fine fillers" years ago.

All too often they were so hard to sand that the sand paper ripped the surrounding surface.

I am a big fan of Tuopret Redlite and Red Devil Onetime. Both are easy to sand. Not ideal for areas that might be subject to knocks and abuse though. Oh, and the dust doesn't cling to everything.

BTW, for the record, I do not feel comfortable replying to anyone who has "free Tommy Robinson" as his signature- sorry, I spent too many years as a kid having seven shades kicked out of me by racist morons whenever they had the opportunity.

And rather than wasting your time or mine, please do not respond to my post.

Last edited:
Red Devil is great stuff. When sanding it, make sure that you use 120/180 grit paper otherwise it will scratch too much.

It, and RedLite are both sand-able with electric sanders. Most similar fillers over heat too much (eg OneTime).

The dust that falls off isn't statically charged (unlike most of the powder fillers), so cleaning up is much easier. They also accommodate a slightly degree of movement. that said, if you are filling a dynamic joint, something like Toupret Fibracryl might be worth applying first and then use Redlite or OneTime over the top of it (once the Fibracyl has dried and shrunk back).

BTW the Toolstation price is better than my local decorators' merchant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back