Where to get replacement outdoor tap for stopcock?

25 Jan 2004
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I have a tap on an outdoor stopcock that has disintegrated through old age.

It's just the white tap part I need -- the rest of the stopcock is fine.

Where can I get a spare?

I did spot something quite similar by Oracstar in a Countrywide shop earlier, but it came as a complete stopcock pack -- overkill when I just need the plastic tap part.

The tap fits onto a square protrusion 1cm on each side.


Sponsored Links
Is in entirely necessary to replace it - just move it out of the way and use a spanner to turn it as required?
That's what I'm doing at the moment. I just thought that, if I could spend £1 somewhere to get a replacement, that would be most convenient all round.

The problem is that the tap fed by this pipe has a slow leak - so we'd been using the stopcock (which is right next to the tap anyway) to stop water getting to the tap. So the spanner solution isn't most convenient. Yes, of course the leak can be addressed.

Just thought there must be somewhere out there to get a simple spare?


DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links