Where to get small conduit for surface mount alarm cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm in the process of installing a new intruder alarm at home and have a question.

The front external sounder requires about 300mm of surface mount cable from the eaves down to the top of the bellbox (I have explored every other option to get around this).

I have seen installations in the past with a reduced diameter (less than the standard 20mm) conduit for this application but cannot find anywhere to buy it, or the fittings - can any point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Joel.

Sponsored Links
Drill up 300mm to the eves / cavity.....or rough dog it with aluminium tube conduit ....

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
IMG_1384.PNG
This stuff ....

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

So no amount of cavity drilling/rodding was going to succeed as access in that part of the roof is pretty impossible.

Plan B - I'm going to drop down in the bedroom in some of the d-line trunking behind where the curtain sits and through the wall. Eventually when the bedroom gets decorated I'll chase it in.

Cheers.

Joel.

If the cavity is not filled with insulation then this might work at a stretch.

Dropping a magnet on a string into the cavity to pick up a small metal object pushed through the hole and into the cavity.
cable into cavity.jpg
But plan B sounds the best option.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back