Alarm Cable Flexible Smooth Bore Conduit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need to fit a new bell housing for my my new alarm.

I'm going to chase the alarm cable into the plaster in the wall inside.

Is there any kind of flexible smooth bore conduit that I could fit the wire up and through the wall? I have some automotive corrugated stuff, but it isn't easy to get the cable through, especially round the corner through the wall. I've googled for other stuff, under 10mm outside diameter, but so far haven't found anything.

My thought is that the conduit would save me having to chase the wall in the future if the alarm wire ever needs refitting.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Thanks Sparky, I did wonder about doing that, but then I thought it would be better not to have the wire on the outside of the house?

The old alarm box has a wire down the inside wall and the inside plaster has fallen off where the wire came though into surface conduit, so I need to make good the wall anyway as it has holes from the wire and also from the conduit screws.

Sponsored Links
I know it's probably a bit late now but I've used oval conduit for this kinda thing although not sure how you'd get around the corner. You could leave a 'pull through' cable in place once conduit is installed and plastered over. This will enable pulling cable through at a later date.

Yes
But still depends on angle/corners the cable needs to be pulled around,size of cable and conduit ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back