Where to put shower - Any clever ideas?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Stupidly, I've put my bath in the wrong way around. I've recently replaced an old bath suite with new. I replaced everything in it in the same way that the old suite was installed without checking first that there would a convenient (and aesthetic) way to include the shower from the mixer taps on the bath. The previous bath suite had no shower.

Basically, in this drawing, you can see that the end of the bath with the tap holes is not near a wall. There is a short surface behind the taps about 5 inches deep. Then the stench pipe, which is only about 11 inches wide and deep.

In most usual situations a shower mount is fixed centrally above the taps, but this lines up with the far back wall, near the edge of the window. Some people have suggested the mount be fixed to the side wall, but that would mean the shower hose trails over the bath space, and besides - it would look a bit odd.

Now we're wondering if we should accept defeat and turn the bath around as at the other end there is a plain wall that would be perfect for fixing the shower mount to. However, that's not a simple job given the suite is now 'established'.

So we're hoping someone is aware of a nice piece of kit that could save our bacon here and let us mount our shower head over the tap end of the bath somehow without it looking too odd?

BathroomCartoon.jpg

(Have to go off-line until tomorrow so can't immediately respond to any questions unfortunately - thanks in advance for any advice)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Mount shower on wall and use 360 shower curtain.
Mount shower on stenchpipe box and fit standard shower screen on end fixed to edge of stench boxing across window, should then swing inward to allow access to window.

Why don't you just install a cheap mixer valve and riser rail on the other end wall - plumb into existing pipes under bath and hey presto.
Hang a bath shower screen and bob really is you uncle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back