where to put the rads?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, first post, hope i get some good replies :)

We have just opened up our sitting room into the kitchen and put a new kitchen in. Now i have to decide where to put the rads! We have some french doors same end as kitchen, and 2 doors the opposite end (each side). Our chimney breast is on the right side if looking towards the kitchen opening.

We need to get around 6kw of power into this room due to the size, no of outside walls and french doors etc.. looking at acova horizontal 3 column rads.

Currently i'm thing of putting a 3 column rad along the length of the wall in between the 2 doors, and then a small 3 col rad in recess left side of chimney breast (next to french doors)

What would anyone suggest? I'm worried about taking up the whole wall between the 2 doors...i had thought about putting 2 2m high 2 column rads either side of the chimney (no fireplace btw), but think that might be ott...

your thoughts appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Probably less wall space would be needed if you had traditional rads. Designer/column rads may look good but won't have the same heat output for the same area.

They are meant to look good rather than supply loads of heat :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back