Where would you position Acro-Props in a replacement Bay Window scenario?

Sponsored Links
Why is it important?

Are you looking for someone to draw arrows and say exactly here? My guess would be that you could put an acro anywhere (if required) as long as that position supports the structure adequately.

Okay Teams, sounds like the installers didn't do the job the way you expected them to, but have they caused any problems. Did they put in steel reinforcing bars in the corners of the bays; has there been any sinking of the 1st floor bay, are there any issue other than the job not being done the way you expected.

You can look at loads of posts on here, and you'll find we respond happily to straightforward requests. Can you take the bold off please; not so easy to read the post with that on.

The Building Regulations are there for a reason, the Double Glazing company needs to abide by them. So that's not down to my expectations. We can't tell if 'problems have been caused', but we've heard 'creaky sounds'. I don't think they put steel reinforcing bars. No sinking of the 1st floor bay. Yes the windows are incomplete.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is it important?

Are you looking for someone to draw arrows and say exactly here? My guess would be that you could put an acro anywhere (if required) as long as that position supports the structure adequately.

Yes that's spot on. o.k. many thanks for that.

Sponsored Links
Please post some photos of the actual problems caused by the lack of propping. Otherwise it's like complaining that the chef at the restaurant you ate last Christmas didn't wash his hands.
The creaking noises could just be the neighbours breaking wind tbh.

Please post some photos of the actual problems caused by the lack of propping. Otherwise it's like complaining that the chef at the restaurant you ate last Christmas didn't wash his hands.
The creaking noises could just be the neighbours breaking wind tbh.

Didn't get noises before installation.

The noises are most likely to be expansion and contraction of the window frames, and not necessarily a fault. There should be reinforcing bars at the corners (hence a proper photo would have helped) to hold up the bay. Building regs can at times just be for guidance, as the there for the finished results; if they can get the windows in successfully without the acrow props, then that's a judgement call on their part, and not necessarily a fault, but if the upper bay requires reinforced support, and they haven't put that in, then that might be a contravention.

So what are you trying to achieve here teams, do you want us to tell you they've gone in wrongly, and then you'll tackle the company, or is there something else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back