Which boiler is best?

Call me old fashioned but deffo old,extended boiler warranties are a fairly newish thing and are often used to sell boilers,the likes of BG hate them as they lose business and cannot compete.
Dont know the warranty conditions but i would be more in favour of a warranty if you can call your own installer to do the periodic inspection's and any repairs,your installer will understand your system and will be a very good person to have on speed dial to do any other work around your property :!:.
Again being old fashioned,i have found many insurance type business's happy to alter their terms&conditions to work in their favour,so a warranty in year 10 could be very different than year 1.
Is wear&tear included in the warranty,for example your boiler needs a fan in year 6 is this covered ?

Plase dont think i am against extended warranties,just had the AA pay for a new power steering pump on a vauxhall (well they paid some,not all :().

Good luck,

Erm, thanks?

Sponsored Links
Which boiler is best? was the question and no definitive answer,there never will be. Although a lot of good boilers have been mentioned.

Got a contact in the Ringwood area,father & son company. vaillant advance listed. Not allowed to advertise here but i could ask them to read your post.
Good luck with yor project :idea:

Which boiler is best? was the question and no definitive answer,there never will be. Although a lot of good boilers have been mentioned.

Got a contact in the Ringwood area,father & son company. vaillant advance listed. Not allowed to advertise here but i could ask them to read your post.
Good luck with yor project :idea:

Agile???

Ok I'm currently looking towards the Vailliant.

Reasons being that the digital display makes it easier to diagnose and fix any faults. I believe that the Baxi has some system of LED flashes which seems similar to our current Potterton.

I also feel that having the pump overrun must help the longevity of the HEX in the long run. I know the Baxi has been designed not to need it but can't help but feel this must be a compromise.

Does this seem logical or is my thinking flawed?

Sponsored Links
Does this seem logical or is my thinking flawed?
i like vaillant but your thought process if flawed , doesn't matter if fault lights come up because most of the time they are misleading anyway ;)

and your wrong about the baxi ;)

Remember that the vaillant is really a glow worm - and is also sold as a heatline in a different guise. Vaillant aftersales is contemptuous and they don't deserve anyone's custom these days.
The digital display means nothing.
If you want the best aftersales, then fit a Worcester (I dislike worcester but cannot deny that they treat customers with integrity and respect, unlike their installers..)

Better to take advice from someone in the trade who fits boilers.

Bernard, I live in Bedfordshire also and am coming to a break in a long refurb project in a few weeks, without prejudice as the lawyers say, if you want to meet and chat, neutral ground if you like, for an hour say, I'll buy you a coffee, and try to answer any questions you may have or gaps I might be able to fill. I can't answer any questions regarding your own boiler as I've never worked on one. It's just an arrow shot in the air.

Last edited:
Better to take advice from someone in the trade who fits boilers.

Bernard, I live in Bedfordshire also and am coming to a break in a long refurb project in a few weeks, without prejudice as the lawyers say, if you want to meet and chat, neutral ground if you like, for an hour say, I'll buy you a coffee, and try to answer any questions you may have or gaps I might be able to fill. I can't answer any questions regarding your own boiler as I've never worked on one. It's just an arrow shot in the air.
bernardgreen now that is an offer that you would be a fool to turn down ;) and bloody nice of him as well . people take time out of work to spend time with him for his knowledge also ;) . like i have :)

Last edited:
Remember that the vaillant is really a glow worm - and is also sold as a heatline in a different guise. Vaillant aftersales is contemptuous and they don't deserve anyone's custom these days.
The digital display means nothing.
If you want the best aftersales, then fit a Worcester (I dislike worcester but cannot deny that they treat customers with integrity and respect, unlike their installers..)

Thanks for this. I just think that any boiler where you have to read fault codes like some sort of Morse code signal must still be using fairly old electronics.

Does the pump overrun, or lack of it, have any significance?

For what it is worth 6 years ago I choose a Johnson and Starley Reno heat only for this cottage. Have had no reason to regret that decision.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back