Which boiler is best?

Sponsored Links
Churchilldog,just buy any of the boilers you listed.

Or any one of three or four more.

You've had advice which you may or may not agree with but you want someone to make up your mind for you. I'd advisebasking friends if they know a good heating installer as the advice you've received from the two can best be decribed as incomplete. The installer is important.

Find an installer that has a good relationship with the boiler supplier and you will be fine , not one that gets free t shirts but one that can provide you with good backup of the product they offer, too many manus are offering warranties that they renage on, get someone that will offer you the whole package, I have a great deal with my choice of manu and have never been let down, find someone who can offer you the same service

Sponsored Links
Yep we installed a good few J&S Renos' promoted them in here as well ??

I ended going back over a lot of the posts I made and altering them so as to reflect the issues we had with these boilers.

With out a doubt the worst boilers I have ever come across / fitted . (J&S reno heat only boilers)

installed over 50 of em :eek: I know that 5 were removed /renewed in the first 4 years by customers. ( work carried out by others)

we removed one & changed it for another brand 1 month after install . 2 more were replaced by us after 5 years.

1 X customer replaced her boiler after3 years & wrote a carp review on a forum naming us.

over half that were left with us have had new fans or multiple new fans,which on average last 18 months to 2 years at 200 ish squid a pop (?)

4 boilers have suffered multiple faults all at the same time . Meaning that the control pcb & the ignition pcb had to be changed at the same time
which then resulted in the flu stats having to be changed as they went to fault status.

shockingingly bad boilers & I have told J&S this via email on multiple occasions.

Installed 6 of the Reno combis , not to bad , 2 have had new fans and one a complete control panel

One poor customer had a Reno heat only in his house & a Reno combi in his annexe :eek:

fortunately he has moved now & did not leave our contact details :)

On the other hand it could be argued that we have made a nice few squid out of fixing these heaps of junk ? And I have never met or spoke to any one
else who has installed em.

I did ask J&S for contact details of any other installer fitting this junk but they were not forth coming .

All the above IMHO of course :)

:rolleyes: and incidentaly afaik the reno combis came 4th on the Which magazine reliability survey

Jeez :LOL: J&S must have upped there game or that publication does not know its arris from a pine apple or those taking part in the survey
could not find there back side in the dark with both hands & a torch :LOL:

bernardgreen whats your thoughts now about your recommendation:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: and your choice to keep your little cottage warm :ROFLMAO:
I don't think I actually recommended J&S, I intended to point out that there are many brands other than those which are promoted on TV and by reccommended by many installers some of whom are tied in to one brand of boiler.

As to keep the cottage warm. Last winter there were no problems, the hot water supply this summer is working perfectly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back