Which Boiler please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at three possible Boilers to fit,and would like an opinion on these three
1/ Baxi duotec platinum
2/Vaillant ecotec pro
3/ worcester junior 28i
All natural gas combis,thank you in anticipation

Sponsored Links
Most people would prefer the Vaillant unless they are getting extra discounts on the Worcester.

vaillant would be my personal choice, fitted ecotec pros with no probs/callbacks

BUT...finding a good installer is much more important than finding the most popular boiler on a diy site. Once you have found your installer, talk to him about your options, he may be able to get a better deal/warranty etc on a particular boiler.

Without looking it up I suspect the baxi is cheapest. But I don't have any problems with it.

I have problems with the Worcester they have made it immensely complexed to clean the heat exchanger. though for 5 years maybe 10 years it will pass the fan pressure test hence no need to clean. When the dreaded day comes it is a chaw.

The Vaillant will of course in this place receive huge acolades it always does. i don't have a problem with the Vaillant, but i don't worship it.

Sponsored Links
I wonder why he is limiting his question to just those three boilers!

Perhaps they are the only ones he has heard about!

id go with the vaillant fitted loads great boilers but id upgrade to the ecotec plus heard a few people moan about the pro's

I think the reason we have been given this choice is this is what BG offer.

The Vaillant is the best made of of the three, the ecoTEC plus more so. But BG don't do the ecoTEC plus. Probably costs them another £40 so out of the question!

I mean I don't look into the sales side because unlike my tsm I am not obsessed about it, but aren't bg selling Glowworms?

They are all fine boilers and will serve you well.. Being a confirmed Worcester man I went to find out what all the noise was about Vaillants (We don't have many Vaillants in my area) and have found the ecotec range to be a good piece of kit, and better than the Greenstars in terms of future repair and servicing, although the pro is a "cut down" version of the plus, it is still better spec than the 28i Junior... I have actually started fitting them myself.. :oops:

I mean I don't look into the sales side because unlike my tsm I am not obsessed about it, but aren't bg selling Glowworms?

That's the impression I was under too. I'm pricing against them with WB greenstar 37 & 42 CDis and doing quite well too,I've got to be about a grand cheaper than them though even with the full boona WB warranty and servicing deal at the moment.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back