Which boiler please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have been quoted to have a new boiler installed and he has said that I can either have a Ideal Icos 24kw, a Potterton Suprima 30e or a Worcester Bosch Greensleaves 24 RI High efficiency.

I have been on this computer all afternoon trying to get an idea of which one I should go for (if any) or does anyone recommend one that he has not suggested.

Many thanks for any answers received

Sponsored Links
Ideal Icos is poo
30e is not condensing so you cant fit it in most cases, consider the HE
Worcester greensleeves will play you classical tunes as it heats up your house :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Sorry folks, my wife posted the original question and I gave her trhe details of the 3 boilers on offer but she didn't get them quite right.

They are Ideal Icos 24KW - Worcester Bosch Greenstar24ri high efficiency condensing - Potterton Suprima HE30

Not sure if this makes any difference and thank you in advance for any comments.

Cheers
Confused :( :(

Sponsored Links
greenstar 1st choice, space permitting or the Ideal. I will never fit another pott/baxi boiler as long as I can breath.
Whatever choice you make, as long as its fitted and serviced correctly it will work ok

I would rather an open fire in the middle of my living room for heating than an ideal boiler.
the worcester is easily the best of those 3.

of those 3 the worcester is the best choice but I'd rather have the glow worm ultracom 24hxi as it has won "which?" magazine best buy. ;)

Forget the Ideal carp.

The Suprima is only a band B boiler I think.

Lots like Worcesters, but personally I think they are an over rated, hard to work on unless you know them intimately, pile of poo, that sell loads because of all the freebies and giveaway promotions that Worcester offer the installers.

ATAG or Vaillant are what you should be looking at.

The Suprima is only a band B boiler I think.

may i draw your attention to 'Central Heating System Specifications (CHeSS) Year 2005' document page 6, item 6.

"For gas boilers, the distinction between bands A and B is small, and standard
tests do not measure the difference reliably. Consequently, it is not cost
effective to purchase band A rather than band B unless the additional cost
is low."

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back