Boiler choice Worcester V's Saunier Duval

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys - just after some advice. I've got a 4 bed house with 3 bathrooms. Currently have an underpowered old 24kw boiler with broken diverter valve that i want to replace.

I've had the following quotes:

Northern Gas: Saunier Duval 30E, 30kw class B boiler for £1600 all in.

EON: Worcester Bosch 30cdi, 30kw, class A boiler for £1900 all in.

Warranty periods seem similar (2yrs) and both allow for 12mths interest free credit.

Which would you go for the cheaper one or is it worth paying a few quid extra for the Worcester name and a few pennies better efficiency? :?:

Sponsored Links
Go for the Worcester, or contact your local Viessmann installer

(http://www.viessmann.co.uk/index.php?content=find-an-installer)

they do a Vitodens 200 30kw combi with 5 years warranty.

Get it fitted with weather compensation controls and TRV's on your radiators and you'll save even more pennies on Gas.

Whatever you do DON'T get the Saunier Duval! Get a Vaillant instead better than Worcester or Viessman by a country mile. . . .

Out of the two, the Worcester is the better option but a 30kW combi would struggle with 3 bathrooms.

Ideally you would have either a vented or unvented cylinder to cope with three bathrooms, but a fair bit more cash

Sponsored Links
SD boilers are no longer sold into the UK.

All that are left are remaining stock which has probably been sold at low clearance prices as a job lot.

Go for the Vaillant or even a Glow Worm Ultracom.

These big energy companies are full of subcontractors and rookies. Ask yourself how long they have been fitting boilers and where they attract high calibre staff from, and lots of them......

Out of the two, Worcester is far better and most accredited installers give 5yrs warranty out of the box. Find one near you.

Thanks for the info guys i think it looks like the Worcester is the best option for now:

Howeverm, had a further quote for a Baxi 33kw yesterday (think it was the duo-tech) which came in around the same price as the Worcester.

Is it worth going for the Baxi to get the extra 3kw or is it safer to stick with the Worcester???

Thanks for your opinions folks!!

Hi guys - just after some advice. I've got a 4 bed house with 3 bathrooms. Currently have an underpowered old 24kw boiler with broken diverter valve that i want to replace.

If your existing boiler is a combi then its totally unsuitable for anywhere with three bathrooms.

All combis can only supply one outlet at a time and take 10-15 minutes to fill a film star bath.

I would recommend an unvented cylinder ideally.

If you must have a combi then the Vaillant 937 increases its flow rate to 20 li/min for about 10 minutes until the store is depleted. That will nearly run two showers if the flow rate is not too high.

Of course anything will be better than a 24 kW combi.

It also depends on your mains flow rate which must be measured before coming to any decision.

Tony

Up until December Worcester have a FIVE year gaurantee on all Oil Fired Combi Boilers.

Go to the Worcester Bosch Website and read all about it and their boilers if you wish :)

You could read all about them but if you want a gas boiler it is going to be of limited interest.

WBosch have a 5yr gas deal with some installers (present company included).

You could read all about them but if you want a gas boiler it is going to be of limited interest.

Incidentally, WBosch have a 5yr gas deal with some installers (present company included).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back