Which boiler will cause me the least heartache?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a new and rather unwitting landlord and the only problem we've had with the tenants is that there are daft little issues that are being reported about the combi boiler and hot water. I've currently got boiler cover but am thinking about biting the bullet and buying a replacement.

The apartment is only 8 years old but its a crappy Ideal boiler which is manageable but unreliable. The system only has 5/6 radiators and one small bathroom so presumably I need only need a 24-27kw version is that right?

I know opinions differ greatly on these matters but can somebody suggest a replacement that is going to be as reliable as boilers can be? And can any of you say whether the 10/7/5 year warranties supplied with some of the boilers are reliable warranties?

Am I likely to get a good replacement fitted in Greater London for less than £1500?

Swale Heating have quoted a Woster bosch with 7 year warranty for £1750 but I've heard bad things about them and I've always been told to find a local reputable independant with these kinds of things.

Would really appreciate any input you might have

Sponsored Links
Go for an Intergas Rapid - three year warranty upgradeable to seven years for an additional £125+vat. Alternatively an Intergas ECO RF which comes with a 10 year warranty, provided you use a P5-registered installer. Both have a very robust heat exchanger and only four moving parts, so not much to go wrong. The Rapid is quite large and "boxy" but well built, the ECO is more compact and a nicer case design. As you say, a 24kW will be more than adequate for the heating side. Will you get a decent job in Greater London for under £1500? It's a bit tight, if it's just a days' work then maybe but it's going to depend on how much the pipework needs altering and how clean the system is.

If you want it thrown at the wall you may just get it for £1500 if it's as straightforward as u say.
give @Agile a shout he does full system swaps for £840 plus price of boiler including flush. If you want his price as quoted by himself I can find it for u, he works London too. He is in the top 100 too, so will be a quality job.

Edit; just reread its combi for combi fook me, half agile's price I quoted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back