which boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello to all, i am having a new kitchen extension built and had to scrap my boiler(was in when i bought the house in '88, a stelrad concorde boiler) all the pipework and tank is still there for a regular boiler but was wondering about a combi, which would be the best to fit, i know i will probably get a load of different suggestions but any is better than none. i am not made of money so have to watch what i spend, i have 3 beds and 1 bathroom so its a normal sized end terrace, which lasts longer, combi or regular boiler? i have looked around and they all seem to be around the same efficiency, i am getting my mcw flow checked tonight by a plumber, i have been reading about regular, combi and system boilers but its confusing! i have around £800 to spend on the cost of a boiler, good warranty will be need as long as the back up is good as well, my plumber recommends a vaillant combi but i think thats because thats all his company likes to use, any help is appreciated
thx

Sponsored Links
I fit Baxi Duotec, never had a problem with them, 7 year parts and labour warranty.

so you think a combi is better than a regular or system?, trying to save £100 a year on running costs then having to replace after 10-15 years for another when say a regular might last 20-30 years doesn't seem cost effective in the long run, this is the main part of the question, which is more cost effective over say 20 years, combi, regular, system? and which has the better life span, i take it its a bit of a lottery tbh

t at all.

But you have said nothing about the size of your house or how many live there.

A regular boiler will be cheaper and the hot water delivery will be better.

Seems difficult to get the message across but a combi only serves one outlet at a time!

Tony

Sponsored Links
apologies for that, its a standard end terrace 3 bed 1 bath, 4 adults, everyone working so after 5pm, everywhere seems busy here, everyone fighting to get in the shower etc at the mo i have 6 rads but will be putting in an extra 1

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back