Which Boundary is Mine to Maintain?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had always understood that the boundaries that I am responsible for maintaining, are those marked with a 'T' on the attached plan from the my deeds, and so have done so for the last 21 years.

My Property Deeds

Capture.JPG

However, someone has pointed out, that for this to be the case, the 'T' should be inside my boundary and these are clearly outside. So, then I got to wondering, why would the deeds show the boundaries I am not responsible for, and not those I am responsible for?

To try and clarify the matter, I then had a look at the deeds to my parents property, but they do show the 'T' inside the boundaries that they are responsible for.

My Parents Property Deeds

17T.JPG

So, if anyone could give me a definitive answer as to which are the boundaries I am responsible for that would be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
The T does not need to be on your side of the boundary line on your own deeds, the T just needs to be on there.

T marks have no legal significance unless referred to in the text of the deed EG "the boundaries marked with inward T marks shown on the plan are the responsibility of the purchaser/s" or words to the like effect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back