Boundary Ownership

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I chose this forum as I think someone here will know the answer !

The deeds of my property has a small map attached with tiny marks on the boundary/fence line.

The marks I am told, indicate who is responsible for what regarding the upkeep of fence etc.

The marks look like a letter 'T'
Can someone tell me how to interperate the mark?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
That's true but be aware that it is far from clear cut and only really definitely applies to the original boundary feature. i.e. the original fence installed by the developer. If there is any chance the fence has been replaced at any time then the new one might well belong to the neighbour.

An afternote.
The " T" is too faint to read!

On the deeds the description says" NE and SE" boundaries are my responsibility. There is a compass rose depicted on the deeds.

If you take this forum text rectangle as an example of my plot of land having 4 sides and North is bottum left corner and South is top right.

Which are the relevant NE and SE? sides? It all depends on where one stands as to which boundary is where!

Alan

Sponsored Links
I would read that as being the left hand side and the top, ie anything to your right as you travel from South to North (assuming only two boundaries)

As Jeds has already pointed out, it may be the case that a neighbour has replaced a fence entirely upon his own property and not one that bisects the boundary.

In this instance the fence is his., and not yours to maintain.

Thanks for the info so far.

I can see the 'T' on the deeds for the SE boundary .

I can only just about make out the NE boundary markings on the 'Blue Cotton paper', it looks more like an inverted 'V'?? can this be so??
This boundary is not a Left or Right of my property, rather the bottom of my garden where the neighbours gardens actually runs along the backs of 3 neighbours properties as well as mine.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back