Which breakers fit Siemens DIN rail ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Alpha 200 Stratum ( Siemens) split load consumer unit with Siemens mcb's/RCCB from early 2000's. The 80A 30 RCCB 3SM3317-0 is burning when the 10Kw leccy shower is on. I've found an identical used replacement for the RCCB off fleabay 'cos I refuse to pay £250 for an equivalent 5SV4317-0 as 5SM3317-0 is discontinued/out of stock
Sparks suggested rather than replace the Siemens 40A MCB with a 50A (as 10KW is 43A) is to replace the 40A MCB with a 50A RCBO and move it to the other side of the board to lessen the load on the RCCB which has the shower and 3 ring circuits.
RS offer Schneider as alternative to Siemens MCB's and they have a 50A RCBO whereas Siemens don't seem to ... https://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/fuse...tial-rcbos/?searchTerm=schneider 50a residual I could fit either a 50A MCB or go the RCBO route
Do Schneider fit Siemens DIN rails? Sparks says MCB dimensions can vary up to 10mm between manufacturers and I may find it won't fit my DIN rail.

Sponsored Links
I've found an identical used replacement for the RCCB off fleabay 'cos I refuse to pay £250 for an equivalent 5SV4317-0

Used but probably not tested from fleabay, wonder why it is no longer in use.

I agree that £250 is a bit on the excxpensive side but what price the safety of you and your family.

( Some RCDs sold by an on line vendor tripped when the test button was pressed but did not trip when tested with a leakage current. They had no Earth Leakage detection circuity and the test button mechanically tripped the mechanism. They even had a lump of metal to make them weigh the same as a genuine item )

Sponsored Links
What you describe in a fake, rather than a genuine used item.

If someone were out to make money, they wouldn't sell as used.

you can sometimes purchased tested ones

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back