Which bulb for exterior PIR light?

Well !
They should not be so - because it makes it more difficult to replace one (part) without the other.
Persons who purchase "combined" units are setting themselves up for increased expense.
When one or the other "part" of any combined "unit" fails there is then a "need" to replace both.

Sponsored Links
Well !
They should not be so - because it makes it more difficult to replace one (part) without the other. Persons who purchase "combined" units are setting themselves up for increased expense. When one or the other "part" of any combined "unit" fails there is then a "need" to replace both.
As I said, I would agree if the lamp/bulb is not replaceable (since, with a combined' unit, one would be pretty likely to end up having to throw away a perfectly good PIR because a lamp/bulb had failed) - but, if it is replaceable, then I'm far less convinced about your "should not". As I said, in that case a combined unit is merely a PIR plus a lampholder, and the latter is pretty unlikely to ever need replacing.

As for "increased expense", the way of a world is such that getting separate PIR and 'light units' is quite likely to be appreciably more expensive than a 'combined' one - so that needs to be part of the equation as well.

Kind Regards, John

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back