Which cover? - Beetle must be covered.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A bit of a follow on from the tarpaulin question.

I've got a Beetle that is being restored, but has just been evicted from it's garage. I need to keep it covered up because the window/windscreen seals etc. are not in place and water can seep inside the panels. Especially if snow thaws out on top.

I've got a cheap plastic cover on as an emergency measure but I want to get a better one that wont scratch the paint.

Any thoughts on these 'breathable' covers? Or vented ones? Prices range from £50 to over £200!

Any advice appreciated :D

Sponsored Links
The likes of Makro and Costco (probably others) have alloy framed plastic covered garages/canopies that would do this. They are used for garages garden parties etc and resemble small marquees. They look like the one in the middle of this link with a blue sports car(TVR) in it.

http://www.hamiltonclassic.co.uk/ProductInformation/CairOPort.htm

I have shown the link to give you an idea what I mean. I am sure the ones at Costco are about £70-£80. They measure about 6Mx3M so you could also work inside one if you wanted.

Thanks David & Julie.

Unfortunately I couldn't have one of these as it would take up the whole front garden!

I have however discovered some super-tough, breathable material called "Evoltion 4" which is meant to be pretty good... :D

Sponsored Links
Back