which ensuite shower, considering existing shower boiler etc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
starting work on the ensuite at the weekend.
We currently have a 6kw electric shower in the family bathroom, which isn't great tbh.
We have a baxi 105e? (seems to ring a bell anyway) combi boiler.
The pressure in hot and cold taps throughout the house is really good.

So...what shower would you recommend for the ensuite? I'm installing a shower/bath (with the wide bubble at one end type)
Electric, thermostatic, mixer?

Considerations:
Depending on what shower we go for, if the washing machine is on at the same time as we are showering will we experience pressure drop?
Currently if i turn a hot tap on in the house in the morning it takes about a minute for any hot water to finally come through. I'm guessing this is due to all the cold water having to be pushed out first.
This wouldn't affect an electric shower, but what about a theromstatic? I'm assuming it would affect a mixer as that runs straight from the taps too?

Thanks fort any advice

Sponsored Links
can you go higher than a 6 kw shower? what does your sparky say? yes a thermostatic mixer would be ok but would need to run to warm up by the sound of it. always like to keep an electric shower to be honest incase of boiler failiure.

Since you have a combi for backup hot water and washing for when the
boiler breaks down 9.5kW electric shower. £100 from argos will get you
a fairly decent one. Have one myself and it is quite adequate.

People will say combi's are reliable it gets fixed quickly etc etc.
But if it breaks you'll be glad you have an electric shower as a backup.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back