Which filler for these plaster cracks?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The vast majority of the plastering we've had done has been fine. Only 1 or 2 cracks.

There is 1 biggie though, where the brick wall meets the old boarded up doorway...

Photo 17-03-2016, 10 37 26 pm.jpg

As far as i'm aware, i need to open up this crack a little with a stanley knife or small screwdriver or something & then fill.

My question is there's probably 101 fillers out there on the market. What filler do you recommend?

Thanks.

EDIT: I said 'biggie'. It may or may not be. I just meant bigger than the others :)

Sponsored Links
Haven't you got any decent spreads round your way? Just about every job you've had done has been awful , if that crack is on a joint between 2 diff surfaces you need to take the tape out and retape and make good just filling it is no good

It's the same job to be honest. I just keep putting things off as i've a lot of other things to take care of & when you only get a Sunday off work....

Anyway, there was 2 different surfaces beforehand. The previous plasterers did it & there were no cracks at all on there.

It's just been re-done as part of another job & it happens to have cracked there & spread across the wall where there isn't 2 different surfaces.

I've been told previously to 'just fill' the cracks with some 'flexible filler'

Sponsored Links
If its on a joint take the tape out and replace if its not on a joint and its sound then just fill it after opening it up a bit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back