Which Heating & Hot Water Programmer is recommended ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Recently had a Vaillant Ecotech Plus 428 installed and after a few S53 problems were solved all seems fine now.

The programmer I'm using is the old style mechanical Danfoss 4033 which has a separate timed,off and constant switch for both heating and water. If it is on 'timed' the water is heating at the same time as the rads.

In reality we only need to have hot water a couple of times a day and I wonder if there is a recommended programmer that can control the on/off times of both heating and hot water independently ?

It seems a waste of both energy and money to heat the water for it not used all the time :(

Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated guys - I've looked on various sites but there seems so many programmers on offer, it's not easy to see which would be best !

Malc Toy

Sponsored Links
Instead of using a programmer and a simple thermostat, I'm now using the same programmer (a single-channel timer would be fine) PLUS A WIRELESS PROGRAMMED THERMOSTAT (about £60.) It allows me to set temperatures for five selectable periods, including say 23.30 to 7.15 set for 16 deg C, which is effectively OFF.
So the overall change is from an elaborate clock and simple thremostat to a simple clock and programmable wireless thermostat. The thermostat can be used in any room, maybe keep it in the kitchen all day and then bring it into the living room. It needs some thought but it works well once you've sorted out the times and temps.

You could just change to a Danfoss FP715Si. This will do all you ask and more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back