Which 'inhibitor'?

Sponsored Links
I would only used sentinel or fernox, never really tried cheap brands but there is a reason they are cheap!

If you bought a nice new jaguar would you put in the cheapest oil you can find?

Sponsored Links
I would only used sentinel or fernox, never really tried cheap brands but there is a reason they are cheap!

If you bought a nice new jaguar would you put in the cheapest oil you can find?

Thanks for the reply my friend.

Sometimes the reason that well known brands are more expensive is because they are just that!...people feel safe with recognizable brand names.

However, is the price differential worth it when it comes to inhibitor?

:confused:

And you live in lovely lancashire?
Oldham, burnley, moss side?
:LOL: :LOL:

to the op
It's hardly a big deal is it? It's not as if you buy inhibitor regularly and it's less than a tenner difference between the two you've quoted.
You're right about price differences though, the 40 odd quid oil pays for Lewis Hamiltons wages I reckon.

And you live in lovely lancashire?
Oldham, burnley, moss side?
:LOL: :LOL:

to the op
It's hardly a big deal is it? It's not as if you buy inhibitor regularly and it's less than a tenner difference between the two you've quoted.
You're right about price differences though, the 40 odd quid oil pays for Lewis Hamiltons wages I reckon.

Fair comment; Sentinel it is then.......I’m buying a bottle of the cheap stuff as well......just for top-ups if necessary.

....I like to live dangerously.
:cool:

Sentinel X100 or Fernox most definetly ,for a few quid it is hardly worth it .

Sooey you can buy that cheap recycled oil for fiver ,pehaps it would be ideal to run your van .................... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I may be being a bit cynical, but when you look at some of the cheaper inhibitors, they come in the same same shape plastic bottle as the more expensive brands but with a different label. Could they be made in the same factory to the same composition? I don't know one way or the other but I would not be surprised.

And the same probably applies to motor oils. And breakfast cereals etc etc

lol ,the bottle is standard mould and can be bought from certain manufacturer

fernox bottle is normally copied

I am fairly sure that sentinel do not make inhibitor for anyone else

Yes Happy you're probably right. As I said I'm being too cynical. Still, I can't imagine the chemistry is that different yet the brands are able to command twice the price or more. I tend to use the local merchants own brand stuff and have not had any problems.

Sooey you can buy that cheap recycled oil for fiver ,pehaps it would be ideal to run your van ................. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The way my owld doblo drinks the oil even that would be expensive. :LOL:

Seriously though, regular oil and filter changes are far more important to an engine than the brand of oil used. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back