Which laminate is best?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I am going to replace the carpet in an open plan dining/living room with some kind of wooden floor. I probably cannot afford real or veneered wood and I believe that their maintenance is not as easy as laminates. The traffic in one area is significant and is really showing hence the replacement by hopefully a harder wearing surface. I laid one floor, as a learning project, about 13 years ago in an unimportant room using a B&Q special offer - not greater than 8mm. Even though it does not get a lot of footfall it is still showing its age re fading and some 'chipping' of the laminate at one or two of the joins although that may be down to my laying skills.
I believe that the thicker the product the better in terms of creaking but is there a particular make that has a good reputation for longevity in terms of looks and endurance?
Really grateful for any suggestions. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Or take a look a wood-effect tiles. They don't bend, they shouldn't chip they are more hardwearing than wood and judging by the stuff I bought the other day it looks just like wood!! Knots 'n' all if you want it.

They don't feel as "warm" as wood though, that's true, but if you're used to walking around on cool laminate floor rather than warmer feeling carpet then no problem.

Nozzle

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back