Which laser level for outdoor use?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone ever used a laser level for brickwork? Most seem to be geared for indoors and casting lines a max of 10m. Is there a laser that will cast a dot about 20m? And if anyone has used one for brickwork how does it's use fare against the use of spirit levels? Is there one they would they recommend?

Sponsored Links
You would need a detector with it for outside use, there is no laser on the market that will cast a visible line outside in daylight (much to my annoyance). leica are supposed to be the best, I use a bosch GLL for inside stuff and it's really good. Prefer to use a spirit level / chalk for external stuff.

You would need a detector with it for outside use, there is no laser on the market that will cast a visible line outside in daylight (much to my annoyance). leica are supposed to be the best, I use a bosch GLL for inside stuff and it's really good. Prefer to use a spirit level / chalk for external stuff.

Thanks cajar.

I have a Bosch GLL 2-50 and have successfully used it outside for brickwork, foundations and oversite levelling. A set of red tinted laser glasses make a significant difference to the useable range and only cost £10. Admittedly it can be a bit of a struggle in direct sunlight though and beyond 20m is probably only doable with a detector (or at night!).

Sponsored Links
I can't really see how a static laser would be any use in brickwork etc? You really need a rotating laser level and receiver for outdoor use.

To be of much use for transfering levels you need a reciever and staff which enables you to set levels relative to a datum and each other very quickly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back