Which make of combi....

Sponsored Links
Friend of a friend and all that......

at least someone on the forum isnt tearing me to peices !!!!

There does tend to be a large proportion on ******s on this forum, but your original post did have me concerned too, since i don't think you said you wont be touching the gas in your first post.

Leeave the gas to an RGI, and take your time with the piping, familiarise yourself fully with Hep and all other products you'll be using and you should be fine.

Op, like I said, you should be working with your RGI to ensure that you are doing things according to what will be acceptable specifications for him to complete the job. The last thing that he will need will be for you to have hung the boiler in an unacceptable manner and in the wrong place (others may comment but I'm led to believe that for it to be a "legal" installation, he has to hang it and do the flue stuff and final commissioning), and for your pipework not to be flushed through, pressure tested etc. I'd be disappointed if he wasn't going to spend pretty much a whole day or so finishing it off, and £300 sounds a bit on the cheap side for what he's supposed to do.

Sponsored Links
will supply and fit the lot for £3 K

pm me if yer up for it

I'd do it for £2.9K. 6 Rads & a WB combi...........Just to let you know OP, Glasga Gas & I are arch enemies........... :evil:

See you doon the Lodge for a haff 'n' haff after the game the morra GG......... ;)
C'mon the Gers!!!!

start bidding.......

ok, it was my second post where i mentioned i wasnt doing the gas....my bad.

It's going in a cupboard ( big ) - ive checked all the relevent regulations as to combi in an enclosed space - and ive got loads of room - same with the flue in terms of location regards windows/doors etc.

mounting is onto a cast concrete wall, for which i'll prob use 12mm expanding bolts - they'll hold just about anything up.

nobody has even answered my orig. post.

WB boilers decent???

that package a decent price ??

will supply and fit the lot for £3 K

pm me if yer up for it

I'd do it for £2.9K. 6 Rads & a WB combi...........Just to let you know OP, Glasga Gas & I are arch enemies........... :evil:

See you doon the Lodge for a haff 'n' haff after the game the morra GG......... ;)
C'mon the Gers!!!!

just returned from LOL Establishment......Bro McDonald now up to speed for Operation Done Deal.....agreed score to be 2-1..............Jobbie Keano will not finish game..............tile the door and cover your work:cool:

nobody has even answered my orig. post.

WB boilers decent???

that package a decent price ??

someone has to say that WB are quite good

as for the price, well you are in the land of eternal generosity up there.....no-one would dream of overcharging you. it sounds like the glasgow team are on for a special, go for it!

to be fair, I'd rather spend the time doing the little bits properly...

i bet they would change the price if they saw the house....cast concrete all round(including internals), only one 8 inch service tube from downstairs to upstairs......I don't want a single pipe running round skirting or in a box......It'll take time and effort to do the job right...

I meant the deal on my orig post..." i'm looking at getting a Worcester Greenstar 30SI Condensing Combi. It comes in a kit form with 7 rads upto 35000BTU+TRVs+LS's + Flue. Total cost inc vat is£1565...."

to be fair, I'd rather spend the time doing the little bits properly...

i bet they would change the price if they saw the house....cast concrete all round(including internals), only one 8 inch service tube from downstairs to upstairs......I don't want a single pipe running round skirting or in a box......It'll take time and effort to do the job right...

I meant the deal on my orig post..." i'm looking at getting a Worcester Greenstar 30SI Condensing Combi. It comes in a kit form with 7 rads upto 35000BTU+TRVs+LS's + Flue. Total cost inc vat is£1565...."

don`t worry, i have worked in worse s hitholes than your concrete bunker....how are ye planning to get flow and return to your rads????

in the trade, we don`t call it kit form. its called a heat pack ;)

ok, looks like you won't be getting a visit from the boys...

price looks fair but jeez where are you going to hide all the pipe runs?? do you mean cast concrete internal walls? you'll be needing purpose-made skirting to cover the pipes, won't you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back