Which mounts to use to attach headboard to wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have had a headboard made 3.5ft x 4.5ft wide and need to attach it to the wall. Any suggestions on what attachments to use to ensure a flush fit to the wall.

Thanks

Bioncy

Sponsored Links
Without any description or pics all I can suggested is screws and wall plugs. :?:

Without any description or pics all I can suggested is screws and wall plugs. :?:

Sorry, its an upholstered padded headboard, and I was thinking that some form of a bracket is needed but not sure what type, and do the local DIY stores have them.

For fitting to bed they usually have just a pair of slotted timber legs which fix to the bed with bolts, if it's been the same way you can simply fix to wall with long screws thru large washers to wall plugs.

Sponsored Links
For a 'secret' fixing, cut a bevel on the edge of four lengths of batten slightly shorter than the width of the headboard.

Fix two battens to the wall, wide edge outward, bevel facing up, and two to the headboard, bevel facing down, so they hook over the ones on the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back