Mold on walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have a bedroom that we cannot use because if we do within a few days black mold will start to grow on the walls, especially in places where the air cannot circulate well, like behind the bed headboard. Every day we have to make sure the window is open as this is the only way we can stop it.

It seems to me that we have an air circulation problem together with the fact that the room is at the back of the house and probably the coldest part.

Can anyone suggest how we can cure this permanently ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The room in question is in a block built extension and I am pretty sure it has no cavity, almost certain.

That room will need to be well heated, well ventilated and dehumidified if necessary....what is the exterior wall condition like?
John :)

Sponsored Links
The exterior is OK. I am convinced it is a ventilation problem. The room is cold and at the very back of the house with no air flow. It is a block built extension (not by us) and as far as I can see it is a single block construction. Is there anything we can do with some kind of damp course injection into a single block construction + air-bricks ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back