Which new bathroom suite, budget upto £600, please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

We have a small bathroom (around 6ft x 6ft) and am looking for a good quality new bathroom suite.

After reading many forums, I've now concluded that you get what you pay for so have decided against a big-chain budget range for £200 and am now looking at upto £600.

Naturally, I wish to spend as little as I can, but am happy to increase my original budget.

I have concluded that Roca, Armitage Shanks, Twyford and Ideal Standard are all good brands. Is this true? How about Rak?

I should be looking at at least a 5mm bath, if not 8mm?

Also, which power shower (direct from new boiler, looking at the simple thermo-bar type ones) and chrome-type towel rail (around 700/800mm by 500mm)?

With size of room an issue, any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I'd advise you go to a good plumbers' merchant, rather than a DIY chain. Plumbers don't choose to install stuff which is going to give them trouble!

Unless you pay quite a lot, enamelled steel baths can be a better buy than plastic. Look at Bette or Kaldewei, though some are too narrow at the bottom to stand in for a shower.
Yes thin pastic is awful.!

When you fit any bath, it'a always a good idea to see if you can improve on the rigidity. Bits of wood to clamp it to a wall. or go under the bottom middle of the bath, for examples.

Not knowing the exact layout of the room, but knowing that it is 6' x 6', I think you need to be looking at 'coffin' baths, i.e. ones that narrow towards the foot end. They will give more floor space to play with for the basin and loo.
Vitra-Baths-Neon-5277-Section.jpg
RBCOMLHRH_panel_thumb.jpg

Power shower direct from boiler? What sort of boiler?

Hi.

Previous bath was straight and I'd be reluctant to go with a coffin bath.

It's a brand new Vaillant. Not sure on model but it's a good one and have been advised by a plumber that there's plenty of pressure for the shower

Sponsored Links
Do look at "funny shaped" baths - that's good advice in a small bathroom.
Slightly wide at shower end is good, slightly wide so you're squashed on the loo is bad!

It's a brand new Vaillant.......been advised by a plumber that there's plenty of pressure for the shower
It's a combi, so you don't need a power shower. Most bar shower mixers from the likes of Bristan, Deva, Pegler etc will suffice.

Just returned from my local reputable bathroom supplier and here is what I have been offered:

Carronite bath £389
Morley toilet £159
Morley Basin and Pedestal £99
Antro bath filler and basin mixer £159
"Superthick" front bath panel £44
Bath and basin pop-up twisty £18.50
Shower screen £109
Shower valve £99
Towel rail 690 x 500 £86.48

£1162.

Is this a good deal or can anyone advise me of anywhere that I can get a similar sort of spec. for less, please?

I don't know a great deal about bathrooms and despite researching this for several weeks now, am still at a loss.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back