Which of these Baths Is the best?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm after a small bath , at first I was overwhelmed with the choice of different models from different websites, but than I realised that they are all selling the same models just under different names/made-up brands :D the SKU's/product pictures however are the same.

I think I have narrowed down my choice to 3 models:
Kartell 140x70cm ( I'm fairly positive that it's some cheapo flimsy bath as it says it's only 16kg?)
https://www.wayfair.co.uk/Kartell-140cm-x-70cm-Standard-Soaking-Bathtub-BAT004G4K-KRTL1215.html

Barmby 150x70cm (goes under some 2-3 other brands)
https://www.wayfair.co.uk/Barmby-150.5-x-40cm-Freestanding-Whirlpool-Bathtub-NBA605-UZG2246.html

Linton 150x70 nba405 ( goes under like 5+ other brands)
https://www.wayfair.co.uk/Linton-15...htub-NBA405-UZG2238.html?redir=nba405&rtype=8

Maybe someone who's in to bathrooms could maybe help me out and tell me which one of these baths would be the best quality one from these I have listed ? The design is fine on either of them, just wondering which one is the best quality, has the best quality finish and would be the most durable one etc...

Sponsored Links
They look cheap and will feel flimsy. I'm not sure if Carronite make a bath in the size you require, but if they do, go for one of those.

Cheap baths bought over the internet will be nothing but grief. Are you fitting it yourself? It will be flimsy, twisted and give you years of dissatisfaction.
Carronite as already mentioned. A decent bath costs 350 and up. £100 baths will be nasty things.

Sponsored Links
What's so special about that carron stuff? They are still cheap nasty acrylic baths,nothing to be dreamed about in night?
still made from 5mm stuff same as those?
checked the video how they make them and seems a glorified way to show how they form a bath with a vacuum and that's it, lol.
don't all do it like that? Doesn't seems like a rocketscience, can it be even made any worse than they show in that video? (I mean those cheaper baths..)

I'm not bashing the name, since I know nothing about bath brands , but the process/material doesn't really seems any different than for the cheaper ones? So just want to genuinely know if there's anything really seriously different from those ''cheap'' £100 baths or it's a very very marginal actual difference/maybe better looking design but 3x higher price? To be honest even £100 feels expensive to me for the acrylic stuff,let alone something even more...If this would be my forever home I would not even look at the nasty cheapo baths but would make something myself way better,however Just want to tidy up the whole bathroom quickly and change over from a smashed Pink acrylic bath.
thanks.

If you want to fit a cheap acrylic bath then that's you're choice - but as you're replacing
a smashed Pink acrylic bath.
the hint is there!

There is a world of difference between a cheap & cheerful bath and a decent one but if you think
even £100 feels expensive to me

then I suspect it's going to be an uphill struggle to convince you to pay for decent appliances

The age old term "You get what you pay for" a bath something that should last years I would certainly invest some good money for. If I was replacing so I could sell my house next week then maybe not so much.

Have a look on gumtree and ebay. Someone may be selling a used one for a quid. Seriously.
Those £100 baths are sheet

Maybe someone who's in to bathrooms could maybe help

Maybe, maybe but hardly likely!
You asked, you were given an answer!

Most of the stuff that I am asked to fit, which has been sourced via the internet and supplied by the customer, is absolutely crap, and I am amazed at how it seems to get worse... I agree to fit, on the understanding that I am in no way happy with it and will not be coming back to sort any issues with it... Christ, I'm sometimes afraid to tighten things up in case they break and then worry if it's watertight!!!

Worst bath I dealt with was supplied by customer who got it from Tesco!! Using all the fixings and fittings that were supplied with the product, I was unable to get a fixing for the 'C' channel, of the leg set, into the compressed muesli (referred to as chipboard in the destructions) at the base of the bath - I had to resort to gripfill and hope that would suffice.
Then I gingerly managed to attach all the waste and brassware, fearful of breaking the substrate.
Finally, when it was in, I stepped inside it to screw in the self-tappers of the shower screen to secure to the wall profile and went straight through the bottom of the bath as it split around the waste hole! :eek:

Needless to say, I have neither fitted, nor been even confronted by a Tesco bath since :mad:

IMG_2156.PNG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back