Replacement bath - which one is best?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my quest to pull the first floor of our house unintenionally to pieces :rolleyes: We're going to replace the bathroom suite.

I guess a sink and loo is a sink and loo but there seem many choices of bath types out. Whats the best one bearing in mind we use it for showering as well.

The things I've heard is, metal loses heat quick and chips enamel (theres a thick one and thin one) plastic 5mm is too thin, plastic 10mm is very good with Armitage Shanks coming out THE recommended one to have and imported baths to be avoided.

What I want to avoid at all costs is going to the trouble of an installation and then find the bath flexes against the wall and leaks behind as has happened with a friends Wickes bath.

Best bath options????

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I would always go for a a steel bath unless you require an unusual style, suggest either Bette or Kaldewei - both German and good quality.

They are available in various thicknesses and styles, I've never had problems even with the cheapest versions, make sure you get steel legs whatever bath you end up with and the floor doesn't flex.

I liked the steel bath especially the thick one (about £300 :oops: ) but am worried about dropping things on it and the enamel chipping.

Gott Enamel :LOL: Ve do not haff ze chipping und der inferior bathing. Bette, who is she :?:

Sponsored Links
Would recomend steel and would suggest a Roca "contessa" lovely plain steel bath will match anything else you buy, is top quality and is yours for @£100. Have used loads without problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back