Which plasterboard is best?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, I have a small conundrum and i want some advice. I have a small ensuite shower that was already created before i moved in, i assume they have used regular plasterboards on the ceiling and have drilled and fixed a couple of moisture resistant halogen downlights into the holes. Unfortunately as you know these come with strong spring clips on the backs and over time removing and replacing bulbs has broken the edges of the boards down leaving the holes too big and in short an undtidy mess. I'm assuming that the moisture in the shower has gradually gotten into the boards and made them more prone to damage. Anyway, i want to remove and replace the ceiling and i can't decide if i should try one of the expensive Aqua boards (will the same thing happen though once its been drilled if moisture gets in) or simply remove the lights altogether and do without them? any advice would be greatfully received. I've attached a couple of pics, cheers, Ian

Sponsored Links
To gain entry to the lamp, the front that holds the glass will normally twist off and the lamp will drop, should not need to pull the whole fitting out.
Standard plasterboards normally do the trick, it would be an idea to seal the the exposed board were holed, prior to installing fittings though.
MR boards could also be considered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back