Which Power Adapter do I need.

3 Jun 2007
Reaction score
N East
United Kingdom
Have just acquired a Hahnel Twin V Pro Lithium Ion battery charger.

Unfortunately there are no in-put leads. The specs for the leads are”100-200V Universal Power adapter & 12V DC Car lead”. I don’t need the car lead, am I correct in assuming that I need a (UK) power adapter that gives out 12V into the charger, is there anything else I need to look out for with the input etc> Many thanks.
Sponsored Links
It is rare for the car to be 12 volt, it is normally above that when running 13.8 volt common. And it will be smoothed with very little ripple. Also a standard cig socket is between 10 amp and 16 amp. Unlikely you need that power, and likely a LED power supply will do the job. But as to which and being sure that's another matter.

Some think like this may do the job.
giving out 127 volt it is well within the range quoted, but 100 mA and you have not said how much it draws so can't answer question fully, but it seems likely that will do the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links