What Power adapter?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 6 lengths of 2m 3528 leds strips purchased off ebay
Each length has 120 leds.
I have connected all 6 strips to a 12v 3amp power adapter and none of these light up.
I have then tried to connect just 3 strips to the power adapter but still no light.
If I connect just the 1 strip it lights.
So as a 12v 3amp power adapter lights 1 strip what power adapter would I need to light the 6 strips?
The accompanied paperwork states Power: 0.05w/led strip.
The ebay seller does not sell power adapters unfortunately.
Thankyou for taking the time to help

Sponsored Links
LED's are current devices and it is the current that needs controlling not voltage. But as a strip that current control is often built into the strip so often as a unit we control voltage.

0.05w could refer to each LED needing 0.016 amps (assuming white LED which are normally around 3 volt) or 0.001466 amps powered from a 12 volt supply using a switch mode regulator (i.e. no loss).

Strips may required drivers giving a set current or a power supply giving set voltage your description does not say which is required.

So more information is required before an answer can be given.

What is the "power adapter" that you are using.
Where did you get it from?
What is the spec?
Can you post a photo of the writing on it?

EDIT, and have you got the + and - the correct way round?

Sponsored Links
These really cheap leds are working perfectly now.
Never ceases to amaze me just how many people comment without really helping the situation.
I had wired the + & - wrong way round.
Thankyou for the helpful comments on this problem[/youtube]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back