Long length LED strip lights?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We'd like to put the colour changing LED strip lights in our kitchen, both on top and below the wall units. The problem is there are three different sections to our kitchen which make it more difficult. We could achieve what we want by buying 6 LED strips off ebay, but it would mean switching each of the 6 lights on individually because I don't believe the length of those lights can be over 6 metres? This would mean having 6 power supplies and six colour controllers/remotes.

I'll try my best to explain what we need.

SECTION ONE:
5m of strip lights across the top, and 4m along the underneath of the wall units. I'm guessing here that we'll solder 4 wires onto the end of the top strip, down through a unit and connect it onto the end of the bottom strip. This means we need around 9m of strip lights in total, and probably 3m of cable joining to two strips. I don't believe the power of the strip lights you buy on ebay can supply power over this much length. This would give us one switch/remote for this section.

SECTION TWO:
Very similar to the section one.
We can have a single switch for this section, or if possible join this section to section one and have them operated on a single switch/remote.

SECTION THREE
Similar to the other two section, except we'd only need 5m of strip for this section, so the ebay stuff is suitable. It's too far away from the other two sections to hide a cable from between them, so this one would have it's own switch/remote.

I'm looking for some potential solutions for section 1,2. Mainly, is there a colour controller/power adapter combination that can handle this much strip light?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back