Which pump to buy for shower? Do I need one?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm putting in a quadrangle shower and a shower panel which states it needs from 1-3 bar pressure.

The current shower I have has no pump, and is fed from the hot water tank. The pressure is OK but I'd always wanted a bit more flow from it.

There are twin shower pumps (presumably twin means hot AND cold is boosted?) but range in price from £130 to £349. The only differences I can see is some are quoted as quiet and some as extremely quiet, and the model numbers are:

RSP45, RSP75, RSP100
RHP45, RHP75, RHP100
and the last two
CT50 and CT 75.

See them here:

http://www.victoriaplumb.com/victoriaplumb_com_Power_Shower_Pumps_30.html

How can I tell which will give 1-3 bar of pressure? Are they triggered by water flow?

Thanks for you help in advance.

Mark

Sponsored Links
If you click on the individual pictures it gives you the pressure figures.

Mine's a different model, but I think they all work on integral water flow sensors.

Sponsored Links
And don't forget, you get what you pay for. Stuart Turner have a good reputation, and they're made in Britain. They do showermate in 1.4 to 3 bar ranges

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back