Which shower pump to buy ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to replace my ageing New Team shower pump which has started leaking. I dont know how many bar it is but only supplying i shower.
I want a pump that is quieter than the New Team it wakes the whole house up !
What should I buy? Is the Salamander 1.5 bar CT50 sufficient and quiet ?

Sponsored Links
I would advise you against a Triton. I fitted one of theirs and it stopped within a week!

I find the Watermills one of the most reliable and often quieter.

There are two types of pump motor. Induction motors are usually quieter than types with brushes.

Because they are quite powerful and moving water fast they all make considerable noise. You can make it a bit quieter by mounting it on a paving slab which is on a rubber base to insulate noise from transmission throught the floor.

Tony

Cheers but wanted to know if the Salamander CT50 (1.5 bar )was man enough for the job. Anyway I went and bought a Salamander CT75 ( 2.1 bar) - its good, does the job and is quieter than the old new Team pump. The quietness is partly due to flexible anti vibration connectors that come with it and my using polypipe instead of copper. Also stood it on a thick piece of rubber mat 8mm thick as your advice
thanks Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back