salamander pump pulsing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have recently had a salamander ct50 1.5 bar twin pump positive head fitted to a therostatic shower from day 1 the shower started pulsing i have had the plummer back a few times he has fitted air lock caps and tried to change pipes around but no luck the shower works fine on full heat and full cold but when you have it to a comfortable temp it will start pulsing any ideas? or a reliable plummer to fix in the liverpool area many thanks

Sponsored Links
Was your shower a new install as well ? Or was the pump an after thought? May be the thermo control. What make/model of shower is it?

my shower was brand new also pump brand new triton dove therostatic shower bar

Try looking at the filters if you can. They may be partially blocked. Also see if the thermostatic property of the shower is working by turning it to hot only. If the water is hot enough the water should run down to nothing. If it keeps flowing, then the valve may be faulty.

Sponsored Links
i turned the water to fully hot the shower carries on powering out hot water its only when i turn it to around 38 degrees on the bar the shower will pulse

Remove the non return valves from back of the valve, then try it.

if that solves the issue try putting in inline nrv's that need less pressure to open them you can fit these any where between the pump and the shower valve.

is it easy to remove and fit nvrs on shower bar or do i need a plummer

It is easy to remove, turn off water to both hot and cold, undo large nuts at back of valve holding valve to the wall. look into the back of the connections in the valve and the nrv's should be there see link below.
https://ww2.tritonshowers.co.uk/web...=10001&catalogId=10001&top=Y&categoryId=12651 these ones should be removable with long nose pliers.

To fit weaker nrvs buy 2 x compression 22mm nrv's and use 4 x reducing sets ( 22mm to 15mm) as your pipework will be 15mm, the reason for this is that 22mm nrv's seem to effect the flow less than 15mm nrv's as the bore is larger inside the 22mm ones.

i found out what the problem was i phoned triton they told me to take off the flexy shower pipe inside the themostatic shower bar was a yellow whasher called a flow regulator once i removed it the shower and pump are working fine :D :D

how do i make my salamander pump quieter can i put a box over it [very noisey]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back