Which PVA?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know, sounds like a stupid question doesn't it!

I'm just wondering what PVA other plasterers use. I usually use whatever I can buy for the best price. I was in my local building merchant the other day and saw a 15 litre drum for £18 so bought it. It's unibond Super PVA. It seems a little lumpier than the everbuid stuff I had last time.

Anyway, the reason I ask is because I ain't going to go spending a fortune trying to find out what's better than what when to me, PVA seems to be PVA, no metter what colour the drum but I'd like to know if anyone's had any good / bad experience with the stuff. Screwfix have a "Plasterers PVA" at £20 for 5 litres!!! Can it really be any different?

Sponsored Links
IMHO there's no difference in any of the manufacturers products. I've used all sorts and providing the mix ratios are correct for the application process you shouldn't have a problem. Whatevers cheapest in the builders merchants is the one I go for - and so do most of the guys I speak to.

Sponsored Links
Cheers Makitaman,

That's what I thought. I didnt fancy wasting a load of money just to confirm what I already knew / thought.

regards

Fred

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back