Plaster not setting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now i know this will be difficult as i am in france using french plaster (lutece 2000), plastered a wall the other day, (painted wall, pvaed it the second coat of pva and plastered when tacky) a couple of spots had not set after 6hrs, when i say not set i don't mean dried, i just mean set as the paster was still pliable, any ideas as to why.
Going back today to see the state of it.

Sponsored Links
im afraid i cnt help you here i tried to find out but with no avail.
did you paint the wall with paint then pva x2 or did you mean you just painted the wall with pva?
whats the work situation like over there mate im looking into movein my family abroad and working somewhere else just wondering what its like and how the visa system works.
any information would be greatly appretciated

im afraid i cnt help you here i tried to find out but with no avail.
did you paint the wall with paint then pva x2 or did you mean you just painted the wall with pva?
whats the work situation like over there mate im looking into movein my family abroad and working somewhere else just wondering what its like and how the visa system works.
any information would be greatly appretciated
you dont need a visa to work in france m8 your european "eea" click on the top link http://www.anyworkanywhere.com/visas_fr.html

Work is slow over here at the moment just ticking over. Ref visa's you don't need one but if you live here then you must register and obtain a siret number.
Ref the plaster:
the wall had been paineted with farrow and ball silk paint which showed all the iimperfections. the decorator pva'ed the wall the day before for me, the I went in and second coated with PVA, then scimmed. it still hadn't set the next day. had a look at his tub of pva 18 months out of date. Scrapped the new paster off the wall, re pva'd with mine wich is a new tub. scimmed the wall, Job done.
I would'nt have thought out of date pva would have done tis though?

Sponsored Links
it could have been the pva to be honest, if the pva was not setting underneath the plaster then once thier bonded together i wouldnt imagin the plaster being able to set on it.
a simppler way to explain what im saying is imagin a bowl of diluted pva then drop a dollop of skim on top it wnt go off for days if at all because its substrate (pva) is still liquid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back