PVA and EasiFill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a room, 1 wall back to bare plaster (but not smooth) and 3 walls sanded mainly back to solid paint and solid paint / plaster...all walls not smooth.

I intend to skim a thin coat of EasiFill on all walls. British Gypsum say not to pva the bare plaster walls and could not comment on if to pva the painted walls.

Should I pva everything and if so, just once or twice...applying when tacky as if plastering or another way please?

Many thanks

Ps. Wasn't sure if to post in Plastering or Decorating forums. After the EasiFill I intend to BIN Zinsser as is an outside building.

Sponsored Links
Better to use a wall smoother.

Easyfill will can be applied over emulsion but bare plaster will be dry and make it difficult to skim.
Better to use gardz to seal anything dry then skim

Probably better with coverstain vs BIN. Or even gardz. BIN is brittle and don't like the cold which is why it's interior only although you can spot prime outside

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back