To PVA Or not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone

We have 3 really good walls in a bedroom that we've stripped wallpaper off (some hairline cracks and very smooth). Going on advice in an older thread I'm going to lightly skim these with Gyproc ProMix Lite, rub them down lightly then prime (BIN Primer?) then paint. Does this sound ok? Should I PVA first?

The fourth wall has an area of about 5 Sq metres where a lot of the plaster was blown so I took this back to base coat plaster (very solid) and cleaned it all up. I thought to build it out (3mm) with ready mixed jointing cement compound and then use Gyproc ProMix Lite over this as above.
Should this be ok? Should I PVA before applying the jointing compound? Should I PVA on jointing compound before applying Gyproc ProMix Lite?

Also if I should use PVA should I apply JC/GPML when PVA tacky or wait until dry and sealed in any remaining dust?

Thank you all very much for any help!!!

Zigs :)

Sponsored Links
Non expert point of view:

How bad is the wall? If it's just some hairline cracks as you said then I would get the wall as clean as possible, give it a coat of paint to see how it looks and then use gyproc easi fill to fill any small cracks etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back