Which Radiator Manufacturer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am decorating the kitchen / dining space and would like to change the radiator to a newer Type 11 (600 x 1800mm approx) as the current one is looking worse for wear although I could paint it some of the enamel is a bit crazed in one area so I would not get a good result.

What manufacturers are recommended? Stelrad? Milano?

I had some from local plumbers' merchant a couple of years ago and the enamel is peeling from the bottom so I don't want to use them again

Sponsored Links
Still Stellrad for me, but 1800 will be quite expensive, do you need a rad that size.if you measure the room you could see what output is required .

Still Stellrad for me, but 1800 will be quite expensive, do you need a rad that size.if you measure the room you could see what output is required .
Possibly not but that makes life easier if I DIY - pipework would need changing for smaller and outside my scope of experience. The room is 2.8 x 5.8 x 2.4m and could possibly use a smaller radiator.

I checked Stelrad and there is the K11 Halycon and Compact - what is the difference apart from price?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back