Which radiators work best with a condensing boiler ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am redecorating a house from top to bottom and will be replacing the radiators in each room. The house has a 3 year old Worcestor Condensing boiler and I wondered if there was a certain type of radiator more compatible with this. All the current rads are single with layers of paint. It seems only the boiler was replaaced.
I am not technical so just a basic spec or brand would be very helpful.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
No there isn't any particular brand/type. They should be sized properly according to the space available for the radiator, the size of the room, what the room is used for e.g. bedroom is cooler that lounge and taking heat loss in to account. This means you should end up with the best radiator for the job.

Is there anything wrong with the existing rads requiring them to be replaced?

Before anyone considers replacing rads the heat loss of the building needs to be assertained and reduced to the minimum.

There is rarely any need to replace 1970s rads just for heat output needs. Thats because insulation standards have improved so greatly that a correctly sized 1970 s rad still gives enough heat output at the reduced temperature produced by condensing boilers. That assumes insulation and draught proofing have been brought up to standard.

Tony

Sponsored Links
If you're set on changing all the rads you might want to consider oversizing them a little so you can run them at lower temperatures, making the boiler more efficient.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back