which sds+

The Tesco one deffo has rotation stop.
Not sure about safety clutch. It has a european ce mark on it so if the clutch is a legal requirement i guess it must have
I bought mine about a year ago and it has done a bit of breaking and a bit of drilling both of which it does well.
There is a disclaimer on it though which states that it is for diy use and shouldnt be considered a 'pro tool'

Sponsored Links
fair comment big T.

my emphasis was on gadgetry. i have a GBH 2 SE. there are no frills with this drill. i think it is why it has lasted so long with no breakdown whatsoever.

and boy have we give it some welly! ;) :LOL:

I emailed Tesco about the SDS drill and got the following reply today.

"Unfortunately, this item does not come with a safety clutch"

Sponsored Links
The Tesco one ... has a european ce mark on it so if the clutch is a legal requirement i guess it must have

It seems that the CE mark is put on goods as a claim by the manufacturer that it meets relevant standards, rather than being a mark of quality or safety which has been verified by an external examiner.

A recent Channel 4 programme on unsafe toys highlighted, among other problems, that dangerous toys sold in British shops carry a CE mark, which is merely a claim but no guarantee of safety.

If you want to produce something for sale inEurope for certain items you are allowed to CE it yourself. It is not policed. But if there is a consequential incident you are investigated.

Hi.I want to buy sds plus rotary hammer corded one,which is going to be used for fixing and chiseling.Any recommendations.I was thing Hitachi as first choice and bosh as second.I have never used hitachi brand before.Both drills are same wattage and both priced same at £120.

I have a makita and a bosch and neither have let me down in about 8 years, saying that if I was you I would buy a cheapy if you are planning on doing much chiseling and keep it just for chiseling cos that knocks the sh*te out of em, and keep your good one just for the drilling.

I'm new to the forum and this is only my second post, but on the subject of drill I guess we all have our favourites.

If you're looking for something which takes SDS, then for my money I'd only look for one name on the side of it ..... HILTI

I'm apprentice trained as a mechanical installation structural engineer, and we only had two brands of drills on site : Hilti for corded, DeWalt for cordless.

My own TE-22 Hilti is over 20 years old and is still going as strng as the day it was bought and is ultra reliable. Just a rough quick calc in my head, its done over 140,000 holes, the majority 13-23mm dia averaging 130mm+ depth in everything from Yorkshire Stone to reinforced concrete - only problem I've had was the cable pulling out of the end of the grip, and this was because I dropped the transformer off a ladder but held onto the drill.

Not cheap, but if you want the very BEST, imho :)

i have commented on a previous topic about hilti - as you rightly say, they are king.

for the money, you cannot fault bosch blue.

a diy'er would be foolish to spend his money buying anything else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back