which sealed system cleaner to use?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
CalChem vs x800?
Whats peoples thoughts?
Potterton combi, hasnt been looked after & theres signs of corrosion & crud on most internal parts.
Also boiler is cycling on/of f due to overheating. Most probally down to restiction in pipes.
If c/h thermister wires are removed & connected to a thermister externally, just measuring fresh air....very fast the boiler hits 90'. Within 10 -20 seconds

Sponsored Links
Ive never used CalChem, but in a old post about x800, a guy mentions using CalChem instead?

I would use X800 for but also do multiple flushes to remove ALL the chemical from the system post cleaning

Why not instal a Magnaclean filter instead

Sponsored Links
I would use X800 for but also do multiple flushes to remove ALL the chemical from the system post cleaning

Why not instal a Magnaclean filter instead

i'm fitting a magnetic filter but want a good chemical clean also

Last edited by a moderator:
It is better to investigate and resolve the overheating issue instead of blindly carry out operations that may well not be warranted. Advice given is from strength of lifetime of fault location and rectification.

Knock yourself out by chemically cleansing the system. Hidden issues may yet rear their ugly head down the line

It is better to investigate and resolve the overheating issue instead of blindly carry out operations that may well not be warranted. Advice given is from strength of lifetime of fault location and rectification.

Knock yourself out by chemically cleansing the system. Hidden issues may yet rear their ugly head down the line
Thank you , yeh I know the issues, boiler if full of scale and sludge.
I'm pretty sure the divertor is restricted and so is the waterways from boiler valves to the hex. But I wanted to clesn and fit filter. As I know "Custard" is a tight ass. And I dunno why but I always go the extra mile . When I shouldn't **** about.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back