Which Texecom Communicator

This makes me think texecom app is useless either do GSM or choose alternative system

Honeywell and Risco system seem to be more matured in this area from quick looking need to research more

Sponsored Links
The Risco you cant do DIY its trade only for the equipment.

Things are changing all the time, as for useless I disagree, but it would be better if the notifications were available but it is being developed according to posts on the Texecom forum. So may not be today but could be tomorrow.

A new, more secure module was supposed to be in development too. But that was being said over a year ago. The COM-IP isn't secure enough for port forwarding to the internet and should really only be done via VPN.

I know Risco is not DIY or they won't sell to DIY but there system seems better setup if communication is secure to riscocloud i'm not sure

My point about texecom is if it require a running pc then defeats some of the object of having notification in future. Not only that but they have a price i know not much for app which all it does is arm and disarm a system

I'm sure it will all change but a cloud based monitoring system got to be the answer

Sponsored Links
the Texecom app is due to be updated next year appartently and wont requyire montex and texbase.

Let's see if the newer module based Java apps are as reliable as their previous keypad webserver...

You saying the java web based one never worked?

Think it was never updated to cover the upgrades in the browsers and was a real pain to use after a while.

Yes, would crash when you did get it running.

I run the low cost self monitoring platform for Galaxy based customers and have looked at adding the COM-IP, but was waiting on a more secure module from Texecom which had been talked about for ages. It now looks like they aren't going to release a secure IP module as they're leaving that to the likes of WebWay and Emizon.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back