Which thermostatic radiator valve

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
i have they danfoss in my own house

and i prefer the l/s without plastic cap

although these are also available from other makes too

I use Danfoss when replacing old valves and Siemens trade valves on new installations.

I prefer the Siemens, but the tail with them is about 1/4" too long for many replacement jobs.
I think all installers have there own preference, our installers installed Yorkshire Mistral valves because they have never had problems with them sticking etc.
We use Honeywell VT200E because it is a good quality valve, and the body will take a manual head or a TRV.

For that matter it will take a timed TRV HR20, and a Hometronic valve HR80 too.

Never had one stick.

You get what you pay for.
I always rate Danfoss. Several times I have gone to customers houses because the heads on their Danfoss TRVs have become broken after 20 years or more of use. I always check the pins in the valves to make sure they aren't seized - they rarely are.

Then I just replace the plastic heads on the Valves with new ones. Not only are the valves really high quality, but you can always get replacement heads. Saves a lot of work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links