Which tile adhesive around bath?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m tiling around a bath & was looking at the Mapei adhesive. Which should I go for? Does it need to be the flexible adhesive?

Sponsored Links
Waterproof is a must (doesn't mean it stops water going through, just means it doesn't turn to mush when it gets wet).
Flexible is good.
Try and avoid the premixed in a tub stuff, it takes ages to go off and is harder work

Waterproof is a must (doesn't mean it stops water going through, just means it doesn't turn to mush when it gets wet).
Flexible is good.
Try and avoid the premixed in a tub stuff, it takes ages to go off and is harder work
Ok so I’ve already bought the Mapei 10kg fast set adhesive & have used it only for putting onto the taped joins on the hardiebacker board. This one says water resistant not waterproof. What should I do?

Sponsored Links
Have a good read of the blurb on the bag.
Water resistant is fine for round a bath, basin splashback, anywhere that isn't getting soaked. If you have a shower fitted in the bathroom ideally you'd use waterproof for the bits that get wetter but if the shower isn't being hammered water resistant will do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back