Which tools ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just thinking about buying some more tools. Heard a few people talking about a Fein Multimaster. Is it "nice to have" or definately worth buying ?

Also, do you reckon cordless or 110V for domestic work ?

Has anyone got a list of essential sparks tools which I could think about getting

Cheers

Sponsored Links
My hand tools:

IMGP2153.jpg

I also have loads of power tools too.

I notice you haven't handed in your neon screwdriver yet! The Neon Police will be knocking on your door!

I'd go for cordless. A 24v SDS drill versus a 110v drill with heavy transformer and lead is no contest. Which one do you want to drag up the stairs all the time? If you do a lot of cutting, drilling and chasing on sites, then 110v would probably be an option. 240v is ok if you're not on sites.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info

RF Lighting - Appreciate you getting all your tools out this time of night & laying them neatly on the kitchen floor :D ;)

It's a stock photo from a few months ago. I have since lost my tape measure, and snapped the insulated terminal driver to the left of the neon (which I NEVER use to test for live) :LOL:

I will also second getting a 24V battery SDS drill.

Best thing I ever got.

I have had a makita one for about a year now (heavy daily trade use) and am very happy with it. I had a bosch one for about 5 years before that which was good too, but they are alot more expensive.

I don't know anywhere that sell them anymore :cry:

I used to have a few, but they snap very easily, our wholesaler used to exchange them for free, but they were doing too many swaps and stopped selling them :LOL:

Wiha laser tipped is my current favorite insulated screwdriver brand :LOL:

Crikey RF that could almost be my tool kit right down to the estwing......I've used black/white tape on my kit :D

Got my Irazola drivers as a birthday prezzy off the kids a couple of years ago.

I bought a 1000v screwdriver bit holder for £4.99 from Robert Dyas. You can use your favorite brand of bit, (Wiha, Makita or deWalt) and even hex bits for old-fashioned cut-outs or nut drivers for large terminals. I'm glad I bought it - well worth the money! And it's a nice shape too. Still carry around a dozen other screwdrivers though...

I'd also recommend the Makita 24v SDS (like RF).

I have a set of NWS side cutters from screwfix they had to be replaced once as they siezed up, The replacement pair are not much better and have gone really blunt.
I did have the NWS cable croppers too but they fell apart. Think i shall stick to the C.K stuff.

My cutters / pliers / grips are NWS and I quite like them. My tails cutters are CK and IMO are not as good as the NWS pair my apprentice has.

Funny how you get to like stuff that other people dont.

I love the way sparks have to put a bit of insulation tape on everything. :D

Ive yet to find a decent insulated terminal driver that wont snap after a few weeks gone through loads of them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back